Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Anytime soon

It all worked out in the end, my second batch of cook-and-serve behaved under the scalding milk, cooled appreciatively, and then laid itself to rest with only the smallest protest.  I saw it, pudding knew it.  Warmed the peanut butter heaven into pourable room temperature form, well if you count a drizzle and a smear, then being halfway there suits you well.

Nobody messes with sweetened condensed milk, or threatens to run out as if never using it again, it's a balance I've yet to master.  My grocery list on the other hand shrunk itself into manageable form, once a flotsam of post-it's, a hustle of here-and-there items, a toddler's tantrum worth of wait-don't-forget-me, became a smooth shot at the grocery store.  Even lightened up on the vegetables I usually haul home, double-couponed my subconscious through four elegant cardboard boxes of extreme indulgence.

Choco tacos and Magnum bars are worse than barbarians, they are civilized bystanders.


No comments:

Post a Comment